Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oscars and Boxers

Hey Kids, I'm baaaack!

It's the first of the month and it's time to pay the Rent, Baby. I'm off to a "Ruff" start, but I'll find my groove in a second.
Okay enough with the "bad" jokes and on to a very serious issue...the Oscars were this past Sunday and yada yada yada, Natalie Portman, yada Christian Bale, yada yada Colin Firth, Melissa "f'ing" Leo, all WON, but more importantly was what was being WORN!

I have been living in New York going on 8 years this August, (yikes I'm getting old) and since I have become a New Yorker, fashion has become my passion. I came here with a few bucks, some over sized men's shirts and way too many pairs of overalls. Now I think before I speak and dress for the day. I have opinions that my friends respect because fashion isn't just a price tag; it's art, beauty and respect. We all have our off days, especially being a dog walker I can hide a lot under a puffy coat. But what you wear gives those around you a better understanding of who you truly are.

My Best dressed pick for Oscar night came with a few arguments, of those of you who just don't understand the magnitude of what Cate Blanchett is bringing. It's not about the mass wear-ability of this frock, it's about the ART of the design and Givenchy knows what they are doing. Her hair and makeup are flawless, and the design creates a powerful and goddess like silhouette. The Pale lavender will be one of the colors to watch this season, also paired with the almost green/ vibrant yellow beading is practically breathtaking. NOW listen carefully, not every woman can or would pull this design off, but when it is done right, this is what amazing looks like.
My runners up included, Mila Kunis, Gwyenth Paltrow, and Natalie Portman. They all land in the world of safer choices, but still are sights to behold.
I SEE a trend a brewing and it's called PURPLE, so unless you are color blind or living under a rock, answer the phone call people and run out to buy the hottest color of the season. The important thing to note is that this trend comes in many shades and can flatter all different types of skin tones, or personalities. Whether you are a the Vibrant life of the party kind or Wall flower who hasn't found her center stage yet, purple will find a way to "make it work" on you. (thank-you Mr. Gunn)



On another completely different unfashionable note, Jackson, the boxer who I walk daily fell ill today. He either has an infection or kidney stones, but his prospects look promising. He needed a day at the vets office but hopefully will be into the land of full recovery with some antibiotics and some dog walking love from me tomorrow. Fingers crossed and prayers for my Jax if you've got 'em.
-the dog walker

No comments:

Post a Comment