Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In the begining there was a dog and a walker


I was thinking the other day that all my adventures in the world of dog walking in New York City might be interesting to more people than just me. We seem to live in a world of "reality television". How about some "reality life"?

Yesterday I was walking from the Lower East Side (L.E.S.) to the West Village; I had just finished a visit with Napoleon (yes, he does have the complex). I was walking behind a typical L.E.S. couple — skinny, cool, dressed in leather :) and I thought to myself, "that guy looks really familiar", but at the same time wondering why the girl didn't seem to have a purse. Well, my questions were answered when we arrived in front of Whole Foods and a woman with a shopping cart called to the mystery man "Hey, how are you?" "Do you still talk to Madonna?" It's as if she wanted me to know why I thought this man was familiar, and yet at the same time this sentence made me realize it was Carlos Leon, a.k.a. Lourdes' father, a.k.a. ex-boyfriend of Madonna. Why do I know this stuff? Because, like you, I do read, and watch gossip in the world of celebrity and fame. I don't need to be famous, but it's nice to be near someone who is.

Farther down the block on my way to Squishy the pug (and she is very squishy) around Houston Street and West Broadway I then spotted Agnes Deyn, the British supermodel, a common spotting for me as she lives in that area. If she didn't want me to see her then why dye her hair platinum blond and be so stick thin & tall? Not that there is anything wrong with either of the two but you tend to stand out when you are in that 2% of the total population.

Finally, I made it to the six-floor walk up to pick up Squishy and we had a lovely romp in the park just before the dark skies released the unwanted rain. She always makes a splash at the run, even that day with the two other dogs who dared to show up.

Until the next time I should run into the random celeb and a familiar dog :)


No comments:

Post a Comment