Monday, May 4, 2009

(Ann)e Hathaways and (Ann)iversaries

(RIP Phoebe)


On a sort of dog walking note...Let me take you back first to a couple years ago. I used to walk a couple of dogs (Dolce' the black Pomeranian and Phoebe the dachshund) in a certain celeb filled building in the West Village. I noticed that Anne Hathaway was a
resident of that building but never had a reason to say hi, until one day... It was 2 days before "Broke Back Mountain" came out and I
had just seen a behind the scenes special on VH1. We just happened to be riding the elevator together and I basically couldn't help myself and I said "I'm so excited about your movie coming out!" and she said "I know me too" so yadah yadah yadah we had a moment. She then told me her apartment number and asked if I wanted to leave a message about what I thought of the movie at her door. It was just a crazy New York story that I often think about. I've never run into her since but I always wonder if she would remember our exchange on the elevator?

This past Saturday My boyfriend and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary at the "Union Square Cafe". I had never been there before and I definitely hope to go there again. We were seated at a great table upstairs with about 5 other tables on the floor. I happened to notice that Anne was seated two tables over with her mother, father and brother. Here's my chance I thought! But I quickly realized that would just put me in stalker territory so instead I thought I should at least get a picture for my Blog "wink wink" . ( and the lady at the table next to us asked for an autograph and annoyed her family, so my opportunity was shot) Sadly my camera phone has been on the fritz lately :( so I told my boyfriend to take the picture on his phone as he had one and a better view. (mind you he thinks I should always take pictures of the celebrities I see, even though I tell him how hard it is to do without looking like a crazy celeb stalker) Below is his best attempt at the task...and now he knows how hard it is to do what I try to do all the time but mostly am unable. :)


I missed my chance to reminisce with Anne but someday we will and I'll have another great New York or perhaps Los Angeles story to tell. ( And yes that is her AssK me no more questions and tell me no more lies)P.s. my boy Chandler was finally neutered on Sunday and he took it like a Man/Cat even though he is still a kitten :) We went to the Humane Society and it was only $45.00 and they do a great job so spread the word if you know anyone with a Kitten or a Puppy in the city.
<-------------he used to be so wittle!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Chandler, he just lost all of his manliness :) Don't tell him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care chandler's balls. I'll poor some beer from my forty on the ground for you.

    ReplyDelete